as told by Dr. Craig Blomberg in a sermon found here (paraphrased)
- 10. I admire your devotion to your families, to your wards and to giving generously to your church
- 9. I never intended anyone to believe in me and act in any way they please. You are right to reject that idea.
- 8. Please don’t judge me based on unkind things done by some who profess to know me.
- 7. I applaud your restored emphasis on Bible study. Please note when you read the Book of Mormon how often it says I am one God in three persons and how often it says that salvation comes by my grace alone.
- 6. It is tragic how often my churches have fought with one another, but no one who has ever rejected all of the existing churches and tried to restart my church has ever gotten it correct.
- 5. I liked what Joseph Smith was doing at the beginning a lot more than what he was doing at the end.
- 4. I never established any priesthood or ordinances that required you to be part of One True Church to receive them.
- 3. I LOVE your good deeds, but PLEASE don’t count on them to earn you anything. (Blomberg notes that in his discussions with LDS scholars everyone on both sides of the table agrees on this one).
- 2. On judgment day all that will really matter is that you have accepted me as Savior and Lord. . . and it has to be both.
- 1. I love you and really do want you to be part of my forever family.
What do you think? I think he hit all the major items I’d hope to hear from Jesus in regards to Mormonism (as if I could dictate what he would say).